View M/V Springer Location in a larger map

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve DeCourcy Island























49 05.847N 123 43.812W Another morning of -6C. The wind is 5 knts Easterly. Anchoring in this bay has been very peacefull. The water is calm, it is very quiet and the seals are playing in the bay. We put the dinghy in the water and rowed to shore. We hiked the trail on the island. I did not find the gold, however Sherry and I both burned off some caleries. Our plan today is to read some books and do some maintenance on Springer. I am always surprised that more boaters don"t take avantage of the weather windows. This bay would be jam packed during the summer months. This is why I enjoy going north during the summer and the gulf islands in the winter. I don"t have to contend with boat traffic in any season.Pirates Cove is 2 hours from our slip in Nanaimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment